Friday, April 2, 2010

Marnie's Diary - Chapter 1.5 By Lesa Johnson

March 12th
Am I having a bad dream? I must be but why do I feel as though as someone is looking at me with only bad intentions. "Wake up, Marnie!" that voice-- "BIANCA!" I wanted to run but I wanted to stand my ground. "I fell asleep. Where is Raphael?" I knew he was close by. "What I want to do to you." Bianca's voice was evil- but I did not want to show her-- she scared me. She was mean and hated me to death. "Sleeping beauty trying to tease me?" as Bianca soft sickening laugh ranged in my ears.

"BIANCA!" Raphael's voice sounded off only to protect me. "LEAVE MARNIE ALONE!" his tone pierced the walls that held me. "You will not harm her," he commanded. I could see her eyes looking at him only to quickly look back at me with a look that spoke its own words. I need to leave this house for my safety as well as Raphael's. "I'm leaving, I have to meet Johnny and get to class." I could see Raphael's jealousy and I liked it-- but it scared me too. Bianca saw Raphael's eyes looking at me as though she wasn't even there. "Yes--- LEAVE!" Bianca sternly said with a jealous tone. Bianca wanted me to leave so she could be alone with Raphael. I hated the thought---- but I knew he despised her and felt sorry for her too. I walked around them quickly to the door but Raphael appeared standing at the door with his blues saying don't go. The house was cold and dark even though the sun had risen. I got lost in his look that stood between me and leaving. He could see that I wanted to leave and I could see he wished I could stay. I know he hates how close I am to Johnny--- even though I've told him we were just friends. Slowly Raphael opened the door but still standing between me and leaving. "Tell Johnny hello," Raphael spoke softly as he stepped away.

I walked pass Raphael--- not wanting leave. The black gate was open. My heart pounded as I turned to look back at my love. Raphael was watching me and I could feel what he wanted. Even though I have fear I can't stay away! As I walked thru the gate-- it closed softly without a ping sound. My heart wanting to go back and leave together---- away from whatever is going on in our small town. Uncle Walter believes Raphael and his friends are demons from hell and blames Raphael and his friends for the disappearances and the sickness around town. It's the same speech every time. If only he knew Raphael like I did--- then he would know he wasn't like the others. If only he could see him through my eyes.

I don't even remember falling asleep. I must had been tired. Uncle must be furious with me for not going home last night. Not to mention got no work done and need to get to class. Johnny will think something is wrong if I don't show up on time. I will have deal with uncle later.

"Marnie," Johnny shouting. "Where have you been? Your uncle called the house last night asking me if we were together." "WELL, what did you tell him?" ---scared for the answer. "I told him we had an essay to write and that you were probably with friends pulling an all niter."--- a big sigh of relief! "Do you think he believed you?" --hoping he did. "Yeah, but you should had called him. You should had called me. Where were you?" Johnny asked. "Well---- I fell asleep at Raphael's." Johnny seemed shocked even though he knew.

No comments: